The Lake Villa District Library offers a variety of services and equipment free of charge. Please ask at the Adult Reference Desk for assistance.
- Wireless Internet access
- Notary Public
- Voter registration
- Test proctoring
- Copy machines (one with color copy capability)
- Nineteen computers for public use, running Microsoft Office 2010
- Fax machine ($1.00 per page)
- Scanner (free)
- Electric typewriter
Equipment for those with special needs (for use in the library only):
- Galileo Reading System (reads scanned documents aloud)
- Image magnifier with light
- MaxPort Digital Magnifier (captures an image and sends it to special glasses)
- Alladin Magnifier (displays documents with black type on white background or vice versa)
- Prisma Video Magnifier (displays magnified documents to a monitor)
Services for those with special needs:
- Homebound delivery: LVDL provides free monthly delivery of circulating materials to homebound residents of our district. Library staff and/or screened adult volunteers will bring or return up to ten items per month. We require completion of a library form by a physician, registered nurse or social worker to determine eligibility. Contact Lawrence Clayton or Kelly DiDinato in Adult Services at 847-356-7711.
- Illinois Talking Book Outreach Center: Application forms are available at LVDL or at the Illinois Talking Book Outreach Center website.
- The Bookshare program offers free eBooks to LVDL patrons who have disabilities that make it difficult or impossible to read a printed book. Access accessible eBooks through LVDL's eMedia Catalog.