Downloading Ebooks from Enterprise Using Adobe Digital Editions
When searching our library catalog, ebooks and eaudiobooks will appear. If you have a Lake Villa library card, you can download the books. These are the same books that would appear if you searched the eRead Illinois catalog or OverDrive catalog directly.
Use these instructions to read ebooks on a computer. To read ebooks on a mobile device or tablet, download the OverDrive app or the Axis360 app.
1. Download Adobe Digital Editions (ADE)
2. Authorize your Digital Editions with an Adobe ID.
- This step is recommended, but not required. Authorizing with an Adobe ID will allow you to read books on multiple computers or devices.
To authorize, open ADE.
Click Help from the top menu
Click Authorize Computer
If you don’t have an ID, you can create one.
- You can authorize your computer at a later date if you want.
3. Find a book in the catalog: Make sure it’s available in EPUB or ADOBE EPUB format
4. Click Download then select the EPUB or ADOBE EPUB format. Enter your library card number if you aren’t already logged in.
5. Click the file to open it. It should open in Adobe Digital Editions