1. Visit www.lvdl.org and select Zinio Magazines
2. Browse the collection. Click the check out now icon to check out the magazine. Click the cover to see more details and back issues.
3. After checking out a magazine, select Create New Account
4. Enter your library card number, email, and select a password
5. You can read the magazine on a compatible web browser. If you’re on a mobile device or tablet you will need to download the Zinio for Libraries app to read your magazine.
Downloading the App
6. Go to Google Play or the App Store. Search for Zinio. You want the Zinio for Libraries app.
7. After the app has downloaded, tap Log In. Follow the prompts to find Lake Villa District Library.
8. Enter the same email/password you used to create the account in step 4.
9. Magazines you’ve checked out appear in the app.
Using the App
The Zinio for Libraries App allows you to read your magazines on a mobile device instead of a web browser.
Get a magazine: Tap Checkout Magazines in the bottom corner. This takes you back to the library’s collection of magazines.
Download a magazine: In the app, tap the magazine cover or the cloud icon. You must have Wi-Fi to download a magazine. Once downloaded, the magazine can be read offline.
Reading a magazine:
- Swipe left or right to turn pages
- Pinch the screen to zoom in
- Tap the middle of the page to bring up menu options.
Tap the X to return to your collection
Ready to read a digital magazine? Browse our Zinio collection
Need the Zinio App?
For Kindle Fire
For Kindle Fire