Download eBooks and eAudiobooks
Lake Villa District Library cardholders can download eBooks and eAudiobooks to NOOKs, Kindles, iPads and other popular devices for free through LVDL's eMedia Catalog.
First Time Users
- Log in to the eMedia Catalog by typing your LVDL card number (no spaces between numbers).
- In the Getting Started menu (left menu bar), select Help and Overdrive Help.
- Follow the Get Started With … instructions for your device.
Please keep in mind:
- You are limited to five checkouts at any one time. Take advantage of the seven day checkout period to turn over the titles in your account faster.
- Items remain in a cart for 30 minutes. If they're not checked out, they return to the shelf.
- You can place a hold on an unavailable item and receive an email alert when it is available. You have three days to check out an available hold.
- For more information on lending policies, go to the eMedia Catalog Home page and select Getting Started, Help, Library Lending Policies.
Need more assistance? Call the Adult Reference Desk at 847-356-7711 or email us.
Check Out a NOOK
LVDL has five NOOK Simple Touch and five NOOK Color eReaders for LVDL cardholders to check out! Each is pre-loaded with best-selling titles. Ask at the Adult Reference Desk for more information.
Thanks to the LVDL Foundation for purchasing these for our patrons.