We’re so excited you’re joining us for Summer in the Neighborhood!
It’s super easy to participate. You can print reading logs at home using the link below, or pick up a professionally printed log at the library. We will reopen with normal operating hours on Monday, June 29. If you prefer to receive printed logs via curbside pickup, please call us at 847.356.7711.
Get started! Here’s how:
- Everyone who participates in summer reading gets chances to win! Click on the link below to see the prize baskets you could win in our Summer in the Neighborhood giveaway. You’ll want to know which basket you want to try to win when you tell us you’re starting a log (or finishing one).
- Click on the link below to tell us you’re starting a log, and fill out the form.
- Start reading and doing fun activities! If you don’t have a paper log, just track the number of days you reach the daily reading goal that you set.
- You can substitute up to five days of reading with activities listed on the log or at the link below.
- When you finish 20 days, tell us you’ve finished your log using the link below. (You’ll get another chance to win a prize basket!)
- Every young adult who completes a log will receive a brand-new book to keep. Click the button below for details.
- Start all over again! Everyone can start and finish up to three logs this summer. The program ends Sunday, August 9.
For every log completed, the Lake Villa District Library Foundation will donate $1 to the Lake Villa Township Food Pantry!
Questions? Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.