Current Job Opportunities
Thank you for your interest in employment at Lake Villa District Library. LVDL is an Equal Opportunity Employer and invites interested and qualified individuals to apply for open positions. Applications and resumes are accepted for posted positions only.
Lake Villa District Library is seeking a Library Director with strong leadership skills, who thinks strategically and is dedicated to providing a high level of public service to its community. Located in Lindenhurst, Illinois, the stunning, new, 66,000 square foot state-of-the-art facility serves the communities of Lake Villa Township, a population of 40,000. This position is a unique opportunity to lead a forward-thinking organization and to expand library service for the 21st century.
Lake Villa District Library’s mission is to enrich life in our community by connecting people with resources, services and each other. With a skilled, friendly and dedicated staff of 60, LVDL lives its mission daily. Library patrons are engaged, supportive and make good use of the newly opened facility. The popular materials library offers a variety of programs, resources and services. For additional information visit www.lvdl.org.
- Provides visionary, strategic direction to the staff in carrying out the mission of the library.
- Effectively manages library administration including financial management, budgeting, legal compliance and adherence to library best practices.
- Closely collaborates with the Board of Library Trustees by attending all board meetings, preparing agendas, and proactively communicating on all important issues.
- Ensures that the community is effectively informed about library services and promotes a strong library presence within the area.
- Maintains a high level of visibility within the community by attending community events and interacting with public officials, community representatives and the local media.
- Engages and assists staff members in their personal development to meet current and future professional needs.
- Five years of public library management experience including supervising personnel, budgeting, and strategic planning.
- Comprehensive knowledge of library philosophy, objectives and practices.
- Master’s degree in library science preferred.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with the Board of Library Trustees, the staff, and the public to achieve the goals of the library.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral; ability to speak effectively to groups.
- Integrity and a personal commitment to high standards in public service.
- Knowledge of accounting and budgeting practices and principles.
- Knowledge of library operations and employment law.
- Flexibility to work daytime, evening, and weekend hours as needed.
We offer a competitive salary, health and dental insurance, IMRF Retirement Plan, generous vacation, sick and personal days.
View full job description
If this exciting opportunity is for you, please forward your resume with cover letter via https://lvdl.recruitpro.com/jobs/107899.html
Lake Villa District Library is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Youth Services Reference Associate
Lake Villa District Library is seeking an enthusiastic, creative, tech-savvy and customer service-oriented person to join our Youth Services team! It’s an exciting time at LVDL, as we recently moved into a brand-new facility.
This part-time position offers the opportunity to play a vital role in our very active Youth Services Department. Duties include direct customer service support to the public, including reference, reader’s advisory and assistance with various technologies; collection development responsibilities; program planning and implementation; and more.
The ideal candidate will be detail-oriented and self-motivated. Relevant library or teaching experience working with youth—and an interest in children’s literature—are strongly preferred.
Excellent communication and team skills are a must, as is comfort with technology. A healthy sense of humor is a definite plus!
This position reports to the Head of Youth Services and will collaborate with Youth Services staff, as well as staff in other departments.
See full job description.
- Bachelor’s degree (in education or child development preferred) with one year previous experience working with children, OR
- LTA or Associate’s degree with two years of public library experience and experience working with children preferred.
- Demonstrated experience and proficiency with technology (particularly Microsoft Office applications).
- Ability to work a schedule including daytime, evening, and weekend hours.
- Access to transportation.
Hours: 16-hour weekday schedule: Wednesdays 3 – 9pm; Thursdays 3 – 9pm; Fridays 2 – 6pm. Additional weekend hours will be assigned on a rotating basis.
Salary: $17.20 per hour
To Apply: Email cover letter, resume and application to email@example.com or mail to Julie Binkley, Administrative Services Manager, Lake Villa District Library, 140 N. Munn Rd., Lindenhurst, IL 60046.
Deadline to Apply: Wednesday, March 11, 2020
To submit the printable application, email a completed copy to firstname.lastname@example.org or return a hard copy to the library. (Applications can also be found at the Circulation desk)
To submit the fillable application electronically, please download the PDF to your computer, fill in the fields, and submit to email@example.com.