Discover the new Lake Villa District Library.
The 66,000 square foot facility was designed with you in mind. The features and amenities have function and purpose to ensure that your library experience is the best it can be. No longer a warehouse of books, LVDL is a vibrant community center where people connect with information, resources and each other. Below is a list of features of the new facility:
- On the main level you will find the adult collection, business center, public computers, study rooms, meeting rooms, large program room and space to enjoy light refreshments or meet with friends.
- The Youth Services Department is on the lower level and, in addition to the youth collection, houses a dedicated computer area, a variety of hands-on activities and imaginative play areas, places for parents to watch over their children, a gaming room, study rooms and a large program room.
- The lower level also has a dedicated area for young adults — students in grades 7 – 12— that includes the YA collection, computers, gaming room, program room and comfortable seating areas.
- Plenty of tables and chairs — ideal for studying or collaboration — and comfortable seating are throughout the building along with conveniently located ports and charging stations.
- Integrated A/V equipment in the meeting and conference rooms.
- Abundant windows along the west side of the building allow for natural light and picturesque views.
- Outdoor seating areas for taking a break and enjoying the sunshine. During cold weather, reading by the fireplace will be a great place to relax.
- A beautiful landscape that includes a native habitat, plantings of nearly 2000 trees as well as a large outside area walking path and a terrace with seating.