|Lake Villa District Library||Monday - Thursday||9am - 9pm|
|1001 E. Grand Ave.||Friday||9am - 6pm|
|Lake Villa, Illinois 60046||Saturday||9am - 5pm|
|847.356.7711||Sunday||1 - 5pm|
Lake Villa District Library serves Lake Villa Township and those who live within the township’s boundaries; including the communities of Lake Villa, Lindenhurst, portions of Round Lake Beach, Round Lake Heights and Antioch. The population served is approximately 40,000. Learn about the history of Lake Villa Library
Lake Villa District Library enriches life in our community by connecting people with resources, services and each other.
We believe in, are guided by, and make decisions based on these values.
Accessible: open and approachable
- We welcome and engage all.
- We provide equitable service and diverse collections.
- We strive to make our physical space and virtual presence easy to navigate.
- We actively support our community.
Fun: entertain and engage
- We offer the unexpected and aim to delight our patrons.
- We are friendly and look for humor in our daily interactions.
- We enjoy participating in the excitement of our community.
Integrity: honest and accountable
- We take responsibility for our actions.
- We practice transparency and consistency.
- We respect and trust each other.
- We are a team.
Knowledgeable: informed and resourceful
- We are collectors and custodians of information and ideas.
- We share our expertise and resources.
- We collaborate with others to acquire and provide information.
- We acknowledge every patron’s right to read and to know.
Professional: skilled and dedicated
- We embrace intellectual freedom.
- We listen without prejudice and respect our patrons’ privacy.
- We are courteous and demonstrate a strong work ethic.
- We maintain the highest standards of our profession.
Relevant: purposeful and creative
- We respond to current needs.
- We think beyond the traditional with a focus on the future.
- We experiment, adapt, and innovate.
- We constantly seek better ways to serve.