If you need more information about a service, or, if you have a question about a service not listed, please contact us. We'll do our best to help you.
- Black and white | 10 cents per copy
- Color | 25 cents per copy
- Single or double sided
- $1 for each page faxed. We cannot receive faxes on your behalf.
- (If you can e-mail the documents you need to send, we can do that for free).
- Scan documents or photos.
- Scans can be saved to a flash drive or sent directly to an email address.
- Print from your computer, laptop, tablet, or mobile device
- Black and white | 10 cents per page
- Color | 25 cents per page
- Print jobs will be held for 2 hours
- Go to computer release station near the Gridley Lab to pay for your print job
- To print from an Apple or Android device download the Printeron app
Our reference staff includes some of the best document copiers, faxers, and scanners in the state. They are available to assist you at any time.
Free inside the building. Look for the network named “LVDLPublic” on your device. (You’ll probably be able to connect from the parking lot, too, but it’s much cozier inside).
Windows 7 desktops are available for use in our lab. Equipped with Microsoft Office 2016 and Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, or Google Chrome.
- Laptops can be borrowed for use inside the library.
- Two Apple iMacs are available for use. Equipped with iMovie, iPhoto, and Garage Band.
- Video chatting is available on the laptops via Google Hangouts or Skype.
Available when the library is open and a Notary Public is working.
Notarizing documents is free. Not all staff members are authorized to notarize documents, so we recommend calling ahead to ensure that a Notary will be present. Please keep in mind that Notaries cannot give legal advice. Questions about documents should be referred to qualified legal counsel or to the parties requesting the notarization of the signature.
Bring a photo identification with your signature on it, and do not sign any documents beforehand. Please bring your own witnesses if they are required.
Wills, Cook County real estate documents, and I-9’s cannot be notarized.
More information in our full Notary Policy.
Available when the library is open. Requires prior arrangements with a proctor.
Tests can be proctored at no charge to Lake Villa District residents. Students who need to have a test proctored must coordinate with their institution and the library. Librarians will work with students to schedule a time that works for both people.
We ask that you read our Test Proctoring policy to understand your responsibilities.
Available when the library is open.
No appointment is needed, but we encourage you to call ahead to ensure a registrar is present.
Bring two forms of identification, and make sure one form lists your current address. (A driver's license and a library card would work just fine)