Place items on hold and have them delivered to your front door. Here’s how it works:
- When placing items on hold in LVDL’s online catalog, select “Lake Villa District Library - Home Delivery” as your pickup library option.
- LVDL Delivers includes books, movies, music, audiobooks, videogames, and magazines. It does not include telescopes, hot spots, or iPads.
- Once your items are available, you will be notified via your preferred notification method. You will receive an additional notification on delivery day.
- We deliver on Tuesdays and Thursdays between 12-4pm. Delivery will not be the same day you place your holds, and we cannot guarantee a delivery day if volume is high or the weather is severe.
- Your materials will be delivered in an LVDL bag at your door if you live in a house or in the common entry area if you live in an apartment or condo.
- We can also accept returns on the day we deliver your new items. On that day, place your LVDL bag with returns at your door if you live in a house or in the common entry area if you live in an apartment or condo.
- Please call 847.356.7711 if you need to cancel delivery of your items or if you have questions.
Homebound Delivery Service
If you are unable to visit the library, we’ll bring materials to you.
- For LVDL cardholders who are confined to their residences due to illness, disability, or other mobility issues and need more support selecting materials, Homebound Delivery is available.
- Call Adult Services at 847.245.5115 for more information.
- View our Homebound Service Policy