Thank you for your interest in volunteering at Lake Villa District Library. Volunteer opportunities serve as a tenet of LVDL’s mission to enrich life in our community by connecting people with resources, services, spaces, and each other. LVDL values the time, enthusiasm, and energy volunteers bring to our library. Volunteers serve to enhance, rather than replace staff. A volunteer shall be considered as an individual, 12 years or older, who assists with various tasks at the library, without remuneration. LVDL may not be able to accommodate all volunteer requests.
- Volunteers must complete a volunteer application and be interviewed; a background check may be required.
- Volunteers under 18 must have parent/guardian’s permission. The minimum age for volunteers is 12.
- Volunteers are expected to be courteous and considerate of patrons, staff, and other volunteers.
- Volunteers are required to follow the dress code policy of the library.
- LVDL will select volunteers based on the needs of the library. Application forms will be kept on file for a period of one year.
- LVDL reserves the right to reassign or dismiss a volunteer at any time.
Task availability will fluctuate based on staff need for assistance. We anticipate volunteer opportunities in the following areas:
- Departmental Support: cut and fill scratch paper, clean audiovisual materials, remove outdated labels, check brochure inventory, various office tasks, etc.
- Event Support: assist with set-up, clean-up, direct traffic or participants, and other tasks for special events
- Program Support: assist with set-up and clean-up, usher participants, and provide needed support during programs
- Technology Assistance: check website links, check remote login to eResources, support technology assistance to library visitors, update/test devices or software, etc.
Those interested in ongoing involvement with The Friends of Lake Villa District Library are invited to visit https://www.lvdl.org/about/friends
Ready to begin the process of becoming a volunteer at LVDL?
Step One: Please complete this online Volunteer Application Form
Step Two: Qualified applicants will be contacted to schedule an interview depending on library need.
Step Three: Print, complete, and return the Volunteer Guidelines Acknowledgement which includes parent/guardian permission for applicants under 18, policy against harassment for applicants 16 and over, and background check authorization for those 18 and over.
Once again, thank you for your interest in volunteering at Lake Villa District Library.