Thank you for your interest in employment at Lake Villa District Library. LVDL is an Equal Opportunity Employer and invites interested and qualified individuals to apply for open positions. Applications and resumes are accepted for posted positions only.
Facility Assistant – Part-Time
LVDL is seeking enthusiastic, experienced part-time Facility Assistants to join our team. The Facility Assistants will report directly to the Facility Manager and will be responsible for routine cleaning and light building maintenance tasks, closing and securing the facility, and providing back-up assistance to the Facility Manager.
- Performs routine daily cleaning of facility including vacuuming, dusting, cleaning floors, windows, bathrooms, emptying trash/recycling receptacles, etc.
- Monitors and ensures facility and grounds are clean and attractive
- Monitors library for safety concerns and secures and alarms/disarms building
- Performs grounds keeping tasks including removal of snow and ice and application of salt and other duties to maintain the safety and appearance of the facility and grounds
- Assists with room set-ups for programs and meetings
- View full job description
- Minimum age 18
- Custodial experience preferred
- Experience with various maintenance tools and equipment
- Valid driver’s license, proper vehicle insurance and access to transportation
- Ability to work evening and weekend hours
Status: Part-Time, Non-exempt, 10-15 hours per week
Schedule: Regular evening and weekend availability is required. Schedule includes late afternoon/weeknight shifts, Saturday and/or Sunday hours
Salary: $16.38/hr. BOQ, plus benefits
Starting: As soon as possible
Send cover letter, resume and completed application to:
Julie Binkley – Administrative Services Manager
Lake Villa District Library, 140 N. Munn Rd., Lindenhurst, IL 60046 or email submissions to firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline to Apply - Until position is filled
Shelver - Part Time
Lake Villa District Library is seeking detail orientated individual for the Shelving Department. This part-time position involves the primary responsibilities of maintaining and shelving all collections. Keen knowledge of numeric and alphabetical order is a necessity. This position reports to the Shelving Manager and will work in coordination with Circulation and staff in all departments. See full job description.
- Minimum age 16 years or 2 years high school or equivalent.
- Schedule includes daytime, evening, and weekend hours.
- Access to transportation.
$12.00 /hour, plus benefits such as vacation, sick time, and holiday pay.
Email cover letter, resume and application to email@example.com. Include subject line: Application for Part-Time Shelving Position. Applications are also available at the Circulation Desk.
Deadline to Apply
Applications will be accepted until position is filled.