Current Job Opportunities
Thank you for your interest in employment at Lake Villa District Library. LVDL is an Equal Opportunity Employer and invites interested and qualified individuals to apply for open positions. Applications and resumes are accepted for posted positions only.
Head of Adult Services
Are you a leader who sees opportunity in change? Do you have the vision to create and manage a working environment where initiative, personal responsibility and creativity thrive? Lake Villa District Library (LVDL) is seeking such a person to lead our Adult Services Department.
This is an exciting time at LVDL as we prepare for an RFID conversion project, migration to a new ILS (Polaris), and in early 2019, relocating to a brand new, state-of-the-art facility.
We are looking for a savvy and enthusiastic librarian who will bring a strategic focus to shaping the direction of Adult Services. The ideal candidate will have experience with leading teams, project management, and establishing innovative services. Excellent communication skills are a must.
Essential responsibilities include:
- Managing all aspects relating to the operation of the Adult Services Department, establishing priorities and providing strong leadership and vision in support of the library’s Strategic Plan.
- Developing, implementing, and evaluating core services for a public library with a strong focus on collection development, technology services, and outreach.
- Developing event programming in collaboration with the PR/Marketing Coordinator.
- Fostering a culture of outstanding customer service and teamwork.
- Encouraging and supporting the ongoing professional development of the Adult Services staff.
This position reports to the Library Director and will collaborate closely with members of the Management Team.
Click here for a full job description.
- MLS from an ALA-accredited institution.
- Three years of experience working in a public library setting preferred.
- Two years of supervisory experience preferred.
Full-time exempt managerial position (37 hrs/week). Schedule includes regular weekday hours and some evening and weekend hours.
Offers are made based on skills and experience between the minimum and mid-point of the full salary range: $55,408-$69,260. Full range: $55,408 - $83,112.
Send cover letter, resume and application to Andy Lentine, Library Director, Lake Villa District Library, 1001 E. Grand Ave., Lake Villa, IL 60046. Email submissions to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Deadline to Apply
Friday, March 30, 2018, or until position is filled.
To submit the printable application, email a completed copy as instructed or return a hard copy to the library. (Applications can also be found at the Youth Services Desk.)
To submit the fillable application electronically, please download the PDF to your computer, fill in the fields, and submit via email as instructed.