1. Download the OverDrive App from Google Play or the Apple App Store.
2. Open the app and create an OverDrive username.
3. Add Lake Villa library.
- Tap the O or menu icon at the top left of the screen.
- Tap Add a Library
- Search Lake Villa
- Tap Lake Villa District Library
- Tap North Suburban Digital Consortium to enter our ebook and audiobook collection
4. Tap on My Account and selec Lake Villa District Library from the drop down menu. Enter your LVDL card number and sign in.
5. Browse or search the collection.
- To search, tap the magnifying glass icon.
- Books you can check out now will have a green Available banner on the top of them. If there's a white Wait List , you'll have to place it on hold.
6. When you see something you want, tap the cover. Make sure one of the available formats is Adobe EPUB. Tap Borrow.
7. Tap Add to App. Add to app downloads the book to your device so you can read it offline.
8. Tap the menu icon at the top left of the screen; then tap Bookshelf.
9. Tap the cover of the book to begin reading.
To get more books, tap the Add a Book icon from the bookshelf, and repeat steps 4 through 8.