Current Job Opportunities
Thank you for your interest in employment at Lake Villa District Library. LVDL is an Equal Opportunity Employer and invites interested and qualified individuals to apply for open positions. Applications and resumes are accepted for posted positions only.
Adult Services Collection Development Librarian
Lake Villa District Library (LVDL) is seeking a savvy, enthusiastic, and experienced librarian to provide a strong emphasis on collection development for the Adult Services Department. It’s an exciting time at LVDL, as we look forward to moving into a new building. We need someone with creativity, excellent interpersonal skills, and a very healthy sense of humor to bring a strategic focus to shaping the direction of the Adult Services collection.
The Collection Development Librarian will:
- Utilize an evidence-based, strategic approach to developing, maintaining, and promoting Adult collections.
- Coordinate efforts for developing and maintaining the Adult collections that are diverse, current, and relevant.
- Advise on how best to deploy individual Collection Development responsibilities among members of the Adult Services department.
- Develop weeding and replacement strategies.
- Create a Collection Development continuing education plan for Adult Services staff members.
- Identify opportunities for new collections; developing, deploying, and maintaining these collections.
- Identify use of displays and merchandising tactics to promote circulation of collections. Work with department staff to maintain constant and current displays.
- Identify strategies to integrate collection promotion into current programming.
- Work collaboratively with Youth/Young Adult Services to coordinate Collection Development philosophies, procedures, collections, and strategies.
This job offers a wonderful opportunity for someone who is passionate about how to best provide a wide array of materials and formats to the library’s many patrons. Other responsibilities include providing direct customer service support to the public through reference, reader’s advisory, and catalog assistance.
This position reports to the Head of Adult Services and will collaborate closely with Adult Services staff as well as staff in other departments.
Click here for full job description.
- MLIS from an ALA-accredited institution
- Strong interest in and knowledge of popular literature, genres, popular culture, and information resources
- Experience in collection development required
- Public library experience required
Full-time, 37.5 hours/week. Schedule includes weekday hours, two regularly scheduled evenings per week, and one weekend per month.
$43,108-$53,885 BOQ, plus benefits.
Send cover letter, resume and completed application to Tara Caldara, Head of Adult Services, Lake Villa District Library, 1001 E. Grand Ave., Lake Villa, IL 60046. Email submissions to email@example.com.
Deadline to Apply
Monday, August 20, 2018, or until position is filled.
To submit the printable application, email a completed copy to firstname.lastname@example.org or return a hard copy to the library. (Applications can also be found at the Circulation desk)
To submit the fillable application electronically, please download the PDF to your computer, fill in the fields, and submit to email@example.com.