Research & Learn
Our resources can help you write a paper, learn a language, fix a car, plan a vacation, and a whole lot more. Almost all resources are available anytime, anywhere.
- Find people by name or phone number
- Detailed information on U.S. businesses and consumers
- 7 million job and internship postings
- Resume & cover letter templates, interviewing tips, videos, and more
Use it for: Finding a job, compiling a list of businesses in a geographical area market research, competitive analysis
- Easily find ratings, reviews and undercover price research on Chicagoland services and retailers, including doctors, auto repair shops, plumbers, veterinarians, tax preparers and more.
- Advice on more than 150 topics such as finance, home maintenance, healthcare, and travel.
- Chicago Consumer Checkbook is nonprofit, independent, and provides unbiased information.
Use it for: Researching the best local services for your home, finances, and healthcare.
- User-friendly interface designed to assist consumers and small businesses in general legal matters
- Full-text legal reference books from Nolo, the nation's oldest and most respected provider of legal information
- Thousands of federal, state-specific, and multi-state legal forms.
Use it for: Getting How-To instructions for legal issues and copies of legal forms
- Easily compose documents in categories like Divorce, Wills, Power of Attorney, Lease Agreements, Bankruptcy, Landlord/Tenant disputes and more
- Option to edit documents, print a blank version if you are on the go, or enter the required information
Did you know? The library provides free notary services. Check out the services page for more details.
- Public record data for real estate transactions, foreclosures, bankruptcies and new businesses in Illinois
Use it for: Market research, competitive analysis
Use it for: Researching the best Medicare supplement insurance, picking the best investments, and learning about personal finance.