Research & Learn
Our resources can help you write a paper, learn a language, fix a car, plan a vacation, and a whole lot more. Almost all resources are available anytime, anywhere.
- Find people by name or phone number
- Detailed information on U.S. businesses and consumers
- 7 million job and internship postings
- Resume & cover letter templates, interviewing tips, videos, and more
Use it for: Finding a job, compiling a list of businesses in a geographical area market research, competitive analysis
- Instructions and diagrams for vehicle repairs and maintenance
- Maintenance schedules and estimated labor times for the most commonly performed operations in a repair shop
- Technical service bulletins and recall notices
- Easily magnify and print diagrams and images
Use it for: Vehicle repair and maintenance
- Easily find ratings, reviews and undercover price research on Chicagoland services and retailers, including doctors, auto repair shops, plumbers, veterinarians, tax preparers and more.
- Advice on more than 150 topics such as finance, home maintenance, healthcare, and travel.
- Chicago Consumer Checkbook is nonprofit, independent, and provides unbiased information.
Use it for: Researching the best local services for your home, finances, and healthcare.
- Reviews, ratings and recommendations on appliances, automobiles, babies and kids products, food, and money/personal finance
- Money-saving advice and tips
- Reliable information on new and used cars
- Consumer news
Use it for: Researching products before buying, finding the best healthcare, cell phone and credit card plans
- Public record data for real estate transactions, foreclosures, bankruptcies and new businesses in Illinois
Use it for: Market research, competitive analysis
Use it for: Researching the best Medicare supplement insurance, picking the best investments, and learning about personal finance.