Research & Learn
Our resources can help you write a paper, learn a language, fix a car, plan a vacation, and a whole lot more. Almost all resources are available anytime, anywhere.
- Geographic Information Systems (GIS) data
- Weather, fishing, political and historical maps
- NASA maps
Use it for: Gathering GIS data, preparing for travel, printing educational material and handouts
- State profiles detailing demographics, crime, cuisine, economy, education, places of interest
- Historical information and photos
Use it for: Preparing for travel, printing photographs, school reports
- National cuisine, regional cuisine, daily meals, dining etiquette, special occasion foods, and food trivia for 174 countries of the world
- 6,000+ recipes
Use it for: researching food culture and recipes for country reports, finding new recipes, learning about food history
- Designed to help users gain an overall understanding of key topics across the health and wellness spectrum — from mainstream medicine to complementary, holistic and integrated medicine.
- 483 full-text journals and magazines
- 348 health-reference books and encyclopedias
- 2,628 full-text, evidence-based health reports
- Consumer health pamphlets and leaflets from the CDC, FDA, NIH and others
Use it for: Basic health research, school work, accessing government health publications
- More than 1,000 award-winning art & craft video classes taught by recognized design experts and artists.
- Downloadable patterns, templates, and recipes
Use it for: Learning a new craft or building on your skills
- Topic overviews that provide a starting point for research
- Search full text reference books, journal articles, and primary source documents
- Subjects include Arts & Literature, Biography, Business & Careers, Current Events, Geography & Culture, Health, History, Science, and Math
Use it for: Homework and research projects, developing school curriculum, satisfy curiosity
- Geared towards kids 8 -18
- Learn computer programming skills through self-paced tutorials and projects
- Build websites, video games, phone apps, animations, and more
Use it for: Learning computer programing and building critical thinking skills
- Country profiles for business or casual travelers
- Guide to local customs, tipping etiquette, places of interests, terms and phrases to know, and cuisine
Use it for: Preparing for a business trip or personal vacation; finding authentic recipes from other countries
- Instantly borrow free digital movies, ebooks and more, 24/7 with Hoopla
- Use your computer or download the app for your mobile device
- Stream critically-acclaimed movies, classic cinema, inspiring documentaries, foreign films, and a collection just for kids.
- Stream up to 10 films per month, per cardholder.
- Watch unlimited films in the Kanopy Kids collection.
- Stream on your computer, TV, phone, or tablet.
Use it for: Movie night or learning about something new
- Premiere provider of instructional video tutorials taught by industry professionals
- Wide variety of topics including business, software, technology, and creative skills
- Learn at your own pace and easily add your certificate of completions to your Linkedin profile
Use it for: Learning new software, digital photography, and business skills
- Self-paced, interactive courses to learn 74 languages
- English courses for foreign speakers of 21 languages
- Interactive audio for pronunciation practice
- Memory building exercises, beginner and advanced courses
Use it for: Learning a language, preparation for travel
- Contains full text for more than 1,000 reference books and over 164,400 primary source documents, as well as an Image Collection of over 502,000 photos, maps & flags
- Covers an extensive range of subject areas including business, health, education, fitness, sports and leisure, personal finance, general science, multicultural issues, DIY and fashion.
Use it for: Any research project
- No cost,1-to-1 tutoring for grade school - adult
- Job seekers can connect with a job search coach for help with resumes/cover letters, practice interviewing skills and much more
- Available anytime noon - midnight, no appointments needed
Use it for: Extra help with assignments, proofreading essays, test prep, and applying for a job